Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ambien....my favorite drug!

I hate having insomnia! And after a night of absolutely no sleep, I am extra grateful for Ambien CR.

I sent my new prescription in to be renewed and my order has not come yet. I had taken my last pill on Friday and so I stayed up extra late last night so that I would be really tired when bedtime came and hopefully sleep at least half decent. That idea flopped. I tossed and turned and was wide awake all night. Zero sleep! (By they way, that makes you feel REALLY crummy the next day.)

I am so grateful for that small voice of inspiration though. I was cleaning this morning and went to throw my empty pill bottle in the garbage and had the thought, "Check the refills. Maybe you still have one refill on this bottle." That particular bottle was one that I had refilled at Walgreens instead of my mail-order company. Lo and behold, it had one refill on it! :) I was so relieved! The refill is only for 8 tablets but hopefully it will tide me over until my refill comes in the mail.

I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

AMEN to that - it is by far the best drug known to man. I just wish they made it for kids...

Whitaker Family said...

I'm sad that you have insommnia. I now how grumpy I get after a bad night of sleep. I can't imagine night after night! Glad you could find something to help.

JRC said...

I hear ya! I have 5 puppies, talk about no sleep! Have a good Thanksgiving..

Jennie