About a month ago I went out on my porch to water my tomato and pepper plants and my flowers. On my way back into the house to fill my watering can, something caught my eye creeping across my house. At first I thought it was a tarantula (thank goodness it wasn't) and then I realized that it was a salamander! There were a bunch of them in the pond at the entrance of my complex earlier this summer but when I've gone back to show them to people they weren't there.
I caught this one and took it to the high school. We put it in an aquarium in one of the other biology teacher's classroom. It is fun to watch it swim because it's so fast but it also likes to sit there and do nothing. Now he/she just needs a name!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
My latest pet
Posted by Becky at 10/16/2008 10:39:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
How fun! When we lived in Florida we had lots of "pets" too: Crawdads, frogs, flees, ants, cockroaches, etc. We never named them though. Can't wait to her/his name : ).
Jungle rot!
sally...or Saul
Jack is jealous. You should name it Thomas just to make him even more jealous.
Way cool. We caught lots of those at Loon Lake ("we" meaning Brett, Anna and Josh - I shouldn't take the credit)
Becky! We're so glad we'll be seeing you soon! Anna will be so thrilled. Do you want to give a talk? JK :)
Post a Comment