Why is it that sometimes time flies and other times it seems to stand still? I have classes that it seems I have all the time I need to get through the information I have prepared and the next period I feel like I'm cramming that same information down my students' throats. We have multiple modern technologies (cell phones, computers, email, microwaves etc.) that are meant to save time and yet all they REALLY do is allow us to cram more into our days.
I have been trying to figure out how to get everything that I'd like to done in 24 hours without wiping myself out: praying, reading my scriptures, teaching, athletic training, working-out, advising, church calling, social life, supervising students, reading, etc. I've figured out how to do it....never sleep.
I have found, however, that I am better busy than bored. I actually get a little bit of anxiety, especially over Christmas Break, when I don't have to be anywhere. I am getting better at time management although I still need to cut unnecessary things out of my life. It is definitely a work in progress. I appreciate those around me who have helped me in my quest and have provided opportunities to have a life; My principal for giving me an extra athletics period, Byron and Niki for asking me to play in their softball team, my co-workers and student trainers who make my jobs easier. Hopefully, as I get more organized, things will open up more and more. Here's hoping for a less stressful, less time crammed, more fun-filled life.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Time and all it's frustrations
Posted by Becky at 8/31/2008 09:59:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are always so busy! I'm always amazed with how much you accomplish in only one day. I think it isn't always how much you do, but balancing everything you need/want to do that gets super tricky- something you hinted at. Sounds like you're doing rather well in that department.
You are really amazing at juggling your time! I have always been impressed...you even make time to stay in touch with friends like me. You're awesome!
Never sleep is pretty much the only option... I've decided there is "a time and season"... I don't need to feel guilty about those things that I just can't fit in cuz I'll be able to do them when my little ones are older. Hope things are going well with you!
I think that busy-ness can be a sort of addiction. I remember feeling like I was so cool in high school because I was involved in so many different things. In reality I was just taking years off my life by not getting enough sleep so that I could get everything else done. However, I do think that I get more done when I have more to do. I understand. Anyway, don't be too crazy. I want you to come and visit!
I hope that you find the secret to getting it all done and still having fun too. When you figure it all out, be sure to tell the rest of us, because I think we all want to know. :)
Post a Comment